Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Not enough Homework???

Dear Readers,

               I have just finished the article Homework: Too little or Too much? It depends. There are three main ideas to this article. Here they are.

   Last Night's Homework

“The 2012 NAEP survey asked students how much time they had spent on homework yesterday.In all three age groups questioned, more than a fifth had no homework at all.” I would love to go to one of those schools in Pittsburgh because we wouldn’t have as much homework as we currently have now. But it would also affect your learning negatively. That could affect you when you're moving on to middle school or high school. it can affect you because what if you go to middle school and you don’t know what to do because you didn’t have a lot of homework. If you don’t have a lot of homework it can also affect your education in a bad way.  
Friends, Sports, And Work
"...homework not only came in behind socializing. It also trailed exercise or sports and working for pay."I think that Loveless needs to do more investigating then just three surveys. He should also survey other students in pittsburgh.Loveless should also survey middle schoolers, or you can survey kids that just graduated and ask them about this homework issue. Loveless could also ask the teachers and staff at the schools that don’t get a lot of homework.
Differs From School To School
“The amount of homework can differ widely from school to school, though.“I feel like we should have homework in every class,” she said. That would allow for “more learning" and "a better chance to understand things.” I disagree with this girl, because what if you have a baby to take care of. Or what if you have sport activities to do after school. Then you wouldn’t have time to do all of this homework. Especially if your english teacher gives you a 5 paragraph essay. But you can try to work around those things. Like you can take your homework with you to basketball or soccer practice.

8 comments:

  1. Hey Sylas! I liked your post because it was well organized and it had most of what you need. I do think you should have added your chart. Why do you think that having homework is important?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sylas,
    Your post is cool I really like it. You have a few mistakes but other wise it is good. I like your thinking in Differs From School to School. I do disagree with you but at the same time I agree with the girl. I guess it just depends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sylas I like that you added statements from the article. I think you can work on thinking of your audience to when your writing. As well as if you shall work on putting your table on your blog if you are done with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sylas I think that you have great thinking and that you have things that are great, but can put more details into the paragraphs? Can you also put the peoples name into this post? I think that you need to work on it a little bit more on this post that you have right here. I like what put, but just a little bit more work to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that last nights homework is suppose to be in the end because its the last paragraph in the artical. You have a mistake and it is the begging you just need to switch some paragraph's around to the right part. I really like your post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked your post because it was well organized and it had most of what you need. I do think you should have added your chart. Why do you think that having homework is important?

    ReplyDelete
  7. ~Sylas I think that you should do more of your thinking then more from the text. I also think you did a great job in organizing your paragraphs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete